Monday, February 11, 2008

Finally Something To Watch On TV!

This is the best channel there is on TV. Current TV is like watching YouTube!
You have pod after pod (pod=short segments up to 12min) of the most random things! You just sit and watch for hours and never get bored because there are no boring TV commercials! and if you dont like the topic just wait a a few minutes and it will soon be over!

Last night I was watching Current TV and got to see a pod about poor kids in Colombia and how they have been affected by violence...its really sad, but true...then there was a segment about a girl who had her two legs amputated and after a few years she was skiing like any regular person! and short after a 2 minute segment of some hilarious boy trying to rap!

I highly recommend this channel! I got it in comcast..channel 107

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Allan that sounds pretty weird. I don't know how I feel about this TV channel. What if I don't want to watch some girl get her legs amputated? You feel me? That's pretty gross. I feel that for this TV channel to truly be successful, they would need to pick the best of the best, because people don't have time. The want something amusing. We live in the highlight generation. We want short clips with little or no commercials just like you said. Perhaps if YouTube came out with a channel that played the most popular videos. That seems like it could be a hit.

Darcie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darcie said...

I am going to have to agree with Dave on this one. The benefit of tv and even youtube is that you get to choose what you want to see. I don't even think it's about the channel choosing the best of the best, but about the consumer choosing what they want. A product can't be forced, it needs to be demanded.

ae said...

Current Tv only shows videos which are informative in some way. The one I mentioned did have some wierd stuff, but its purpose was to show how disabled people didnt limit themselves and could have fun out doors. Its inspiring. By the way, I dont know if its true, but I heard Current Tv is paying those who submit videos that they play on TV! So start filming and submitting and maybe you can earn a few extra bucks!