Sunday, February 17, 2008

"cybertwin" really evil!

I understand that society wants to maximize every thing they can have a hold off but has far can it really go??? Can this new software, MyCyberTwin really replace us?
Is that what we want? Do we want computers talking for us? is society that lazy!?! Why do we need everything to be computarized? I understand if its for business purposes and efficiency (don't agree with layoffs) but it shouldn't be taken beyond that..

this can really turn society evil!
"Create your artificial intelligence" is this want we really want for the future??

3 comments:

Darcie said...

So I checked this website out and the first thing I thought was... CREEPY! I think it's pretty funny that they have a picture of the two (very well dressed) founders, which I looked at and thought "how professional looking" but then I read about the site and thought that it was way too far. I feel like it could get out of control, websites could be doing everything for us, and for as much good as that could be, I feel it could also be a world of bad.

T-Bowz said...

I think it is important for the countries where there are not enough people, like Japan. we dont have enough work force to keep our economy going. our population is decreasing so fast that our pension system is about to fall.

so i think it would be a great help for us.

Lola said...

I checked the website and kind of liked the concept behind CyberTwin. Yeah, it could be a little weird, but I think it would be interesting to see how the twin starts to embody your personality. It's like having the opportunity to see yourself from the outside looking in.

I was reading the About page of the site and laughed out loud when I read: These virtual beings live and breathe on the web and chat to your friends, family, colleagues or customers on your behalf.

Haha, so what does that mean? You don't have to deal with the annoying people in your life; Let the CyberTwin handle that?
In that respect, I probably wouldn't take the thing seriously because I would rather talk to a person than a bunch of pixels, but still, it seems like something fun and at least worth a try.