Monday, March 31, 2008

What To Look For When Hiring

After examining a list of 10 simple rules when hiring people, I noticed a few which I really thought are detrimental when trying to build the perfect corporate environment.
From my past experiences working I have noticed that before skills or any other attribute, the most important to look for is attitude. No matter what an employee has to offer, if their attitude is not positive and doesn’t care much then all of his other attributes which you may have hired them for will not be of much use. Besides, this person’s negativity and bad habits could harm those around and create conflicts.

Another rule mentioned which I believe is a real key to success today is diversity. Where I used to work we were all from different cities and countries. This with out a doubt helped the company achieve what it is today because it opens so many windows of opportunities. Not only because you are bringing together different people, with different minds and perspectives, but you are hiring someone who will provide your company with new contacts and possibilities from where they are coming.

These two rules I believe are the most important and if considered at the time of hiring, they could really have a serious impact on the future and success of the corporation.

No comments: