Monday, March 24, 2008

The New Emmy's

For the second time ever, YouTube presented the YouTube Awards. The winners where chosen by the viewers. "YouTube users voted on six nominees for each category: music, sports, comedy, instructional, short film, inspirational, commentary, creative, politics, series, eyewitness and "adorable.""

It is unbelievable how people are being brought together through videos. People all around the world are watching the same videos and either laughing or crying
about them. This is a great way to mix cultures and maybe a way to peace.

This is a video of "Chocolate Rain" a song from an unknown who is now famous thanks to the award given by the viewers to Tay Zonday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, LOVE the beat. I am definately going to sample that song in my music. Youtube is such a good way to interact with the world. I bet that video has been seen by over a million people. I would love to be in that guy's place. My music would get recognized by people from all over the world. I agree with you when you say that Youtube helps facilitate a mix of cultures. This is important and I agree that our world needs to come together and this is a good start. New and exciting websites are bringing us closer together.

Darcie said...

So admittedly, I am not a frequent YouTube user. I often find myself wondering where did all these videos come from, and how did some become so popular? But I have been happy to have YouTube when I missed something in the news or want to see something demonstrated. However, I am skeptical that YouTube is always used for good. I can bet that a lot of people's lives have been seemingly ruined by embarrassing videos. I suppose like with everything on the internet, there is a fine line between the good and the bad, and it all depends how we use it.

T-Bowz said...

I wonder how many people voted for this video. I think there is a way to make people watch your video. Once it become like the top 10 watched video for the week, the number of viewers increase alot. I guess many people dont want there information out, but want to be famous.

Lola said...

Wow.
never heard chocolate rain before..but its definitely something special!

I agree with Darcie. While I dont use Yourtube all that much, I appreciate the fact that I can go there when i need to for things. Liket he other day, I watched obamas entire speech on race 30 mins after he did it. Coudlnt watch it on tv bc I was at work, but caught it on YouTube. For instances like this...and just for pure entertainment, YouTube is great.